From Fr. Thomas Walsh's Ecclesiastical History of Ireland c. lxi, p. 674
Tipperary in the barony of Clan William gives name to the county. The Eremites of St. Augustine were here established in the reign of king Henry III AD 1329. O'Brien burned this town. Donagh O'Cuyrke, the last prior surrendered to the inquisitors of Henry VIII, being then seized of the same, his church, chapter house, dormitory, hall, two chambers, an inner chamber, kitchen, stable, cemetery, garden with twenty three messuages, thirteen gardens, forty four acres of arable land, a mill and dam in Tipperary and eight acres of arable, ten of pasture, with their appurtenances in Clonfad, annual value besides reprises 20s Irish money. Henry VIII granted this priory and its possessions to Dermot Ryan for ever at the annual rent of 8d Irish money.